Expressions of Interest (EOI): Field Crew – weeds (by COB 20.10.18)
Expressions of Interest are invited to persons who are proficient in all aspects of weed management. Work will be in the Townsville area and local/FNQ applicants will be favourably considered. Experience in herbicide application, plant identification skills, weed program monitoring and data collection, maintenance of equipment and strong environmental ethos are the key requirements.
Casual positions will be available for a approximately a 12 month period and will involve a five day week with occasional weekend work. Some work will require travel to remote locations for up to a week at a time. Travel from the Firecraft depot, food and accommodation in these instances will be provided.
Requirements to be considered for the role include:
- Safety consciousness with handling, storing and transporting chemicals, and working in the field
- ACDC license or equivalent
- Plant identification skills
- Familiarisation with a variety of herbicide application and treatment methods
- Ability to operate in the summer months for up to 12 hours a day
- Ability to follow stringent plant and equipment hygiene procedures
- Strong situational awareness
- C Class drivers license
- First Aid
- Ability to pass drug and alcohol testing and medicals as required
- Level 1 fire management qualifications are not essential but preferred
Assistance with accommodation may be provided for applicants considering relocation for the duration of the work.
Please forward your resume and copies of Drivers license and ACDC license only to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact Jackie on 0449 255 344